ECI embarks upon the use of mobile technology to streamline electoral services
Chandigarh, Fabruary 19:
The Election Commission of India (ECI) has undertaken various Information Communication Technology (ICT) initiatives with a view to streamline and simplify the electoral services offered to citizens. A video conference was held yesterday with Chief Electoral Officers of all states and UTs of the country to apprise about the mobile applications developed for enabling a culture of avid electoral engagement among the citizens of the country.
ECI has launched a path breaking mobile application Voter helpline App, which allows users to easily find the information, besides applying for electoral services. Citizens can browse the app based on their own interests and learn more about the Election Process in a more engaging way.
· Electoral Search by Details or by using EPIC Number
· Register to Vote for New Voter Registration
· Apply for new voter ID card/due to shifting from AC, Transposition within the assembly, Deletion/objection in the electoral roll, Correction of entries in the electoral roll, Apply online for registration of overseas voters.
· Option for lodging complaint
· Details about candidates and affidavits
· The app will also showcase election results
How to download Voter helpline app?
• Android (Google Play Store)
• iOS (Apple App Store)
The ECI has also launched an application for Booth Level Officers (BLOs) – ‘Garuda’. Garuda app is designed to capture the information of polling stations, PS facilities, Checklist & Booth app Features. BLO’s have the facility to add or update data for available facilities and identification of polling stations and marking of distance from important places to the nearest Bus stand/ Police station/ Fire station/ Fuel pump data/Hospitals/ Parking area. Another important feature of Garuda app is that a BLO can verify Assured Minimum Facilities (AMF) available at a polling booth.