On the call of United Forum of Bank Union, more than 10 lacs officers and award Staff employees are observing one day strike today, i.e. 22th August 2017 all over India to protest against Anti-People Banking Reforms, Government move to write-off corporate NPAs & increase in bank charges and on the following demands:
1. Do not privatise Public Sector Banks
2. Stop plans of mergers and consolidation of Banks
3. Declare wilful Default of Bank loans as criminal offence
4. Implement recommendations of Parliamentary Committee on recovery of NPAs
5. Ensure accountability of Top Management/Executives for bad loans and put in place stringent measures to recover bad loans.
6. Withdraw proposed FRDI Bill
7. Abolish Banks Board Bureau
8. Do not pass on the burden of corporate NPAs on bank customers by hiking charges
9. Reimbursement of cost of demonetization and other Government Schemes to Banks by the Government.
10. Settle issues of Employees and Officers connected with demonetisation scheme.
11. Immediately fill up posts of Employee/Officer Director(s) in Bank(s)
12. Implement Compassionate Appointment Schemes in Banks as per Government guidelines.
13. Removal of Gratuity Ceiling under Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 & Total Exemption of Income Tax on Gratuity and Leave Encashment on retirement
14. Pension related issues Improvements in Pension Scheme similar to RBI/Central Government including for past retirees – Extension of erstwhile Pension Scheme in banks in lieu of NPS – Follow-up of Record Note dated 25.05.2015
15. Adequate Recruitment in all cadres
Accordingly, more than 2000 employees/officers participated in todays rally/demonstration in the Bank Square, Sector 17, Chandigarh under the banner of United Forum of Bank Unions. On the occasion, Shri Sanjeev Bandlish, Convener, United Forum of Bank Unions, General Secretary, National Confederation of Bank Employees criticized the attitude of IBA/Government for their lackluster attitude towards the genuine demands of the employees/officers. He further informed that after the strike, the UFBU will meet again to discuss and decide the future course of action including 2 days strike in October/November 2017. On this occasion, Deepak Sharma, Dy.General Secretary-AIBOC, Jagdish Rai, Secretary-AIBEA, Chandigarh Unit, D.K. Chaudhary, General Secretary, BEFI Chandigarh, S.L.Dhiman-President-AIPNB Officer Federation(AIBOA), B.S. Gill, Organising Secretary, INBEF also spoke on the occasion.